An expert in all forms of aesthetic and reconstructive surgeries, Dr. Millicent Rovelo is one of the few female surgeons making waves in the plastics business, providing a unique, individualized and comprehensive approach to each and every patient. Her expertise and focus ranges from timeless rhinoplasty to a non-invasive liquid facelift. Emphasizing the journey, she understands that when assisting patients with their respective concerns, it’s important to combine steady hands with a compassionate heart.
Dr. Rovelo received her undergraduate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles and completed UCLA’s rigorous pre-med program with a degree in Physiological Science. From ther
Photo Credit: dukemedicine.org
It was early in her training days that oculufacial surgeon Julie Woodward, MD, knew she had found her true calling. “Art always brought me so much joy. The idea of helping patients see better to also enjoy beautiful things in the world was always very exciting,” says Woodward, who is now the chief of oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery service at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC.
Woodward received her MD at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston, and completed her ophthalmology residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. It was here that hosted an art show and sold every last painting. After residency, Woodward did a fellowship in Oculo
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS