Have you ever dreamed about winning the lottery and fantasized about how you would spend the money? Would you buy a mansion, diamonds, yacht, or an island? Whatever your pleasure, it’s sure to include a luxury item.
But is luxury just for the very rich? Definitely not, according to the speakers at the Beauty’s Luxury Lift-Off panel, sponsored by The Fashion Group International in New York City.
Years ago, when I was a single mom and too poor to buy a traditional hot oil hair treatment, I warmed some olive oil in a saucepan and poured it over my head. Olive oil has been used for thousands of years for a variety of purposes. Ancient Greeks not only cooked with it, they knew of its healing and beautifying properties.
To make the oil – called nature’s gold – olives are gathered and cleaned, then washed to remove pesticides and ground into paste. The paste is heated and the oil is separated from the water in a centrifuge and stored for use in cooking or commercial products. Here’s a roundup of beauty items made with this all-natural product.
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON