On Monday, October 15, the international hair care brand Davines will give you a chance to get a haircut for a mere $15 donation and at the same time support a great environmental and humanitarian cause. From Vancouver, Canada to Orlando, Florida, more than 150 hair salons in the U.S. and Canada will be opening their doors to support the second annual Davines Sustainable Beauty Day.
One hundred percent of the donations collected on Sustainable Beauty Day will go to The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation. This organization plants fruit trees in impoverished communities in developing countries to provide improved nutrition and long term environmental benefits. Last year, Davines raised more tha
Options Abound for Canadians Seeking Injectable Treatments
As of spring 2010, there were over 30 approved dermal fillers on the Canadian market. For a traditionally conservative aesthetic culture- that’s more than a little overwhelming.
Canada’s history with filler dates back to the 1980s when Inamed (later Allergan) introduced a series of bovine purified bovine collagen fillers to the market. Though collagen products have largely fallen out of favour, Allergan’s Zyderm™, was discontinued in November 2010, collagen can be credited with popularizing injectables for smoothing of facial lines, wrinkles and the ever-popular lip plumping.
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY