As we become more conscious about the products we use, especially those for our face and body, we are turning more often to organic and natural items. Right now, the hot item is bamboo.
You might not know that bamboo is actually giant grass. In fact, it’s the fastest growing member of the grass family – and also the largest. Some species can grow nearly 40 inches a day and there are whole forests of bamboo covering thousands of acres in Southeast Asia.
The stems are hollow and the harsh fibrous woody substance is absent, which means that it can be used for a variety of health and beauty products, like those listed here.
In the spirit of Auld Lang Syne, here’s an oldie but goodie body cream, and an all-time favorite of mine. It’s the C.O. Bigelow Lemon Body Cream($19.50), a delectably scented and rich emollient that was originally formulated in 1870. The ingredient blend of lemon extracts, vitamin C, shea butter (my go-to moisturizer) and essential fatty acid-rich kukui nut oil provides intense hydration for parched, dry skin. A little dab of this concentrated formula is all you need to relieve winter’s dehydration.
Available at The Plaza Beauty, located in New York City’s landmar
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS