Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Although J-Lo, Pippa, and KKW have been credited with making big butts a thing, it was actually the Brazilians who cornered this rising aesthetic trend a few decades ago.
The popular Brazilian butt lift or BBL, as it is more commonly known, comes with some risks, especially if you aren’t careful about the doctor you choose. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS), the BBL procedure has been shown to have the highest rate of complication and even death in extreme cases. In fact, as many as 1 in 3,000 people who undergo the procedure die, or 0.033 percent, compared with 0.002 percent for all office-based cosmetic procedures, according to a 2016 study
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #StayTheFHome and Try These New K-Beauty Products
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON
- SPONSORED: ShopBop – The Spring Event