Neal M. Blitz, DPM, a New York City-based reconstructive podiatric surgeon and the Chief of Foot Surgery and Associate Chairman of Orthopaedics at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital in New York, has changed the playing field for people with bunions with his signature Bunionplasty(SM) procedure. Bunions are “bumps” on the joint at the base of the big toe that form when the bone or tissue at the joint moves out of place. As a result, the toe is forced to bend toward the others, causing the bunion and lots of pain!
The surgery, along with an implant he developed to hold the bone steady, has allowed for a much shorter, cast- and crutch-less recovery after bunion surgery. This allows many shoe-lovin
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS