All hair was not created equal, and there are some areas where girls just want a clean slate rather than a thick jungle. Thank goodness then for hair removal options, both professional and at-home varieties.
Lasers are the gold standard of hair removal and can be used on nearly every part of the body from face to legs to men’s chests. Complete elimination requires a series of 6 treatments spaced about 3 months apart. Prices range from roughly $200 to $1,500 per treatment, depending upon the area of the body, but package deals are usually available. Treatments are performed by doctors, nurses, estheticians or physician assistants depending upon the state.
Today, lasers can be used on
Call me curious, but also a coward. I’ve wondered about hair-straightening systems, but wasn’t sure the bone-straight result was for me. Also, I’ve witnessed the unpleasant smell that goes with Brazilian straightening systems and read about the emission of formaldehyde.
So when I was offered the opportunity for a hair taming, non-Brazilian treatment called “The Best” Juvexin Treatment by GKhair, I was excited to try it out. The results were spectacular – frizz free locks that retained some of their natural wave but with reduced curl and soft, manageable body.
Kristina Barricelli, co-owner of the Gemini 14 Salon in New York City applied the treatment. A total doll and an unbelie
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY