There seems to be no escape. Everywhere we go we’re bombarded with celebrity photos that scream subliminal and obvious messages: Look like this woman! Have thighs like her! This barrage of unrealistic body ideals cause many parents to worry about how these images negatively affect the self-image of their teenage daughters. Enter Alice Hart-Davis and her teen daughter Beth Hindhaugh, who have taken up the challenge to combat the trend with a new book called 100 Ways for Every Girl to Look and Feel Fantastic (Walker Books, £9.99).
“It’s an awful fact of life that teen girls have to get their head around—that while their parents and teachers are telling them that their value as h
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS