Deliciously fresh and in tarts, figs are much more than a fruity Mediterranean treat. They are one of nature’s most powerful sources of antioxidants, containing vitamins A, C, and E. Good for you and scrumptious, did you know that fig oil and fig extract can also be beneficial to your skin? The naturally-occurring antioxidant vitamins in figs help fight free-radical damage, which causes aging and other degenerative diseases. Figs contain other skin-friendly vitamins like niacin, folate, as well as omega 6 fatty acids that keep skin moisturized and hydrated from within. From body butters to buffing cloths, figs can be effective in any body product. Here are a few of our favorites.
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY