Deliciously fresh and in tarts, figs are much more than a fruity Mediterranean treat. They are one of nature’s most powerful sources of antioxidants, containing vitamins A, C, and E. Good for you and scrumptious, did you know that fig oil and fig extract can also be beneficial to your skin? The naturally-occurring antioxidant vitamins in figs help fight free-radical damage, which causes aging and other degenerative diseases. Figs contain other skin-friendly vitamins like niacin, folate, as well as omega 6 fatty acids that keep skin moisturized and hydrated from within. From body butters to buffing cloths, figs can be effective in any body product. Here are a few of our favorites.
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #StayTheFHome and Try These New K-Beauty Products
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON
- SPONSORED: ShopBop – The Spring Event