Do you take on a shine around your nose, forehead and chin by lunchtime? You will surely be noticing it more now as the warm and humid days of summer approach. But even in the dead of winter, you may have problems with shiny, oily skin.
You know the drill. You put on matte foundation, only use translucent powder, yet voila—in a few hours you’ve got an oil slick sliding down your cheeks again. Don’t get mad—get mattified with these six summer fixers.
Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment ($38)
I’m already huge fan of the whole Korres pomegranate collection—so
With the gravitas normally reserved for the announcement of a royal pregnancy, the Pantone Color Institute has announced the color of 2013. All rise, for “emerald green” as just seen on the Duchess of Cambridge.
It is the hippest color since… well since last year’s “tangerine tango,” which did not translate well to makeup. So thank heavens emerald green does—it looks just great on all skin tones, especially redheads. But you need to know one thing: how to wear the Pantone 2013 Color of the Year in the last few weeks of the year without looking like the Grinch.
So if we start at the very beginning, the base is key when wearing a strong color. You don’t want anything too he
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS