Photo Credit: www.jomalone.com
For many, vanilla is one of the loveliest scents on the planet. After all, who can resist the aroma of cookies baking in an old-fashioned kitchen? The wonderful scent comes by its aromatic beauty naturally, as it is derived from orchids of the genus Vanilla. Not only does the aroma make us feel warm, fuzzy and hungry, but the active ingredient in vanilla, called vanillin, is an antioxidant that is useful in helping the body repair damage. In addition, it contains sedative like properties, great for relaxing your mind and helping you drift off to sleep. A favored ingredient in the beauty market, vanilla is featured in many body, hair and fragrance products – just check out the group we’ve
As a transplanted Southern Californian, who now lives in New York City, snow storms still give me a thrill, much to the amazement of my friends and colleagues. But while fluffy fakes floating over sidewalks and streets can mesmerize me for hours, I must admit that the cold weather takes a serious toll on my already dry skin.
Natch, I was seriously receptive to the following “winterizing” tips from Annet King, director of global education at The International Dermal Institute and Dermalogica.
First, Annet recommends, switch out your foaming cleanser for a soothing g
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS