For the first time in over 60 years, and just in time for summer, the FDA approved an exciting new product for spider veins called Asclera™ (polidocanol) Injection from Merz Aesthetics. Polidocanol has been widely used in Europe for many years, but this is the first time it has come to American shores.
Asclera can treat thread veins of less than 1 mm in diameter and uncomplicated and small varicose veins from 1 to 3 mm in diameter from the thighs down. Once injected, Asclera™ works by damaging the cell lining of blood vessels, causing them to collapse right before your eyes. The advantages of this solution over many of the other commonly used vein solutions is that doctors rem
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS