Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Two little words no woman ever wants to hear in the same sentence are: breast implants and cancer.
After several years of news stories and debate, BIOCELL textured breast implants and tissue expanders made by Allergan under the Natrelle brand were voluntarily recalled. Regrettably, these specific implants have been linked to a rare type of lymphoma known as BIA-ALCL or breast implant associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma. To date, 573 cases have been reported and 481 of these cases were linked to Allergan Biocell implants, according to the FDA.
Sadly, there were 33 deaths among these cases. The FDA also explains that textured breast implants are less common in the U.S. compared to
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS