California is the first state in the country to prohibit the use of tanning beds for all children and adolescents under the age of 18. The ban became official on October 9 when Gov. Edmund G. Brown signed a bill into law that will prohibit the use of indoor tanning devices for all Californians under the age of 18. According to New York Dermatologist Judith Hellman bigappleskin.com, “This is a welcome ruling from California that we all hope will catch on across the country, and long overdue. There is no way to predict how many lives a ban on tanning beds can actually save but the numbers can be substantial.”
Evidence from several studies has shown that exposure to UV radiation from indoor
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS