Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Are you obsessed with the size of your pores?
You are not alone. Far from it.
A survey of nearly 2,000 women by L’Oreal Paris found that 45% of women would change the size of their pores if they could, and almost a third say they’re more worried about pore size than wrinkles.
It’s called Porexia and if these numbers are right, it’s something of an epidemic.
“Porexia is the term for an unusual concern over pore size,” explains Christopher W Robb, MD, PhD a Nashville, Tenn-dermatologist.“Pore enlargement is not a disease, it’s a cosmetic concern.” Pores tend to appear bigger when they become clogged with dirt, oil and bacteria.
Some women are so hyper-consumed wi
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS