Photo Credit: Sandra Evand and Catherine LIttlefield
One of the great things about being a beauty editor is meeting the movers and shakers of the industry—the product developers, marketing executives, and public relations pros that make sure the greatest and latest makeup and skincare get to stores and shelves.
In addition to press events, editors get to hobnob with beautymakers at trade shows and industry events. This week, the annual HBA Global Expo took place in New York City at the Jacob Javits Center.
The show comprises product, ingredient, and packaging exhibits, as well as a roster of educational seminars. That’s where the hobnobbing begins, and in fact Beautyinthebag’s very own editor in chief Wendy Lewis conducted one of
We have all heard about the beauty benefits of berries, coffee and even pomegranate. Now add the ancient grain quinoa to the list of edible beauty aids. The super protein rich quinoa – it was a staple of the Incas and contains more protein than any other grain – is included in Phyto Organics ChromaLife Colour Retention System from Nexxus. Because of its amazing amount of hydrolized protein, quinoa reportedly binds to the hair shaft and penetrates the cortex, helping to repair and restore moisture, pliability and shine.
Photo Credit: www.nexxus.com
The ChromaLife lineup includes shampoo ($18), conditioner ($20), treatment product ($24) and hair spray ($16), all available at salons n
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY