Once upon a time there were a select few shades to choose from at the cosmetics counter or drugstore when it came to foundations, powders and concealers. If you didn’t fit into the basic light, medium or dark categories, you probably found yourself without any viable options to match your skin tone.
Remember Prescriptives? The brand’s iconic custom blend foundation offering started in 1979, and became a mainstay at beauty counters in Saks and Bloomies and prestige retailers for three decades. Owned by Estee Lauder, Prescriptives went online exclusively in 2011 after loyal fans were devastated at the idea of losing their personal shades. Another cult classic Elizabeth Arden Custom Fo
Photo Credit: Urban Decay's Book of Shadows (Vol. IV)
BITB is dedicated to bringing you the latest and greatest in beauty and this instalment is no exception. Editor of the UK’s Pure Beauty magazine, Emily Miller speaks to BITB London about the future of beauty – distilling the trends from the fads, and sorting the winners from the losers…
What are the current trends and which are going to become the next big thing in beauty?
Skincare and make up hybrids are probably the biggest trend in beauty right now. Following phenomenal popularity in Asian markets, BB (Blemish Balm) creams seem to be launching left, right and centre – and I know I’m not the first person to have noticed. Garnier was the first to bring out a mass-market v
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY