May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and a good time to examine your body for potential problem spots. Among the most common skin cancers – which include melanoma, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma – melanoma is the most serious and potentially deadly. It must be treated and surgically removed for survival.
The good news is that if diagnosed and removed while in its early stages, melanoma is almost 100 percent curable. Unfortunately, once it spreads it is difficult to treat and is frequently deadly.
“Prevention, early detection and surgical treatment still offer the best chance for survival of melanoma,” said Dr. Gary Goldenberg, a New York-based board-certified de
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS