Photo Credit: Depositphotos.com
Sweaty underarms can ruin a designer silk dress, are a real buzzkill on a first date, and can destroy your confidence before a career make or break a presentation.
Heat and humidity invariably cause perspiration for the best of us. But for people afflicted with the annoying medical condition called ‘hyperhidrosis,’ this becomes a very serious problem. About 2-3% of the population suffers from excessive sweating, but nearly all of us would rather not smell or sweat if we don’t have to.
There are some good treatments available now, and more on the way.
BOTOX has been FDA cleared for treating excessive sweating all the way back to 2004. Basically, it works by stopping nerves from f
Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Excessive underarm sweating is the pits.
The medical term for this condition is ‘axillary hyperhidrosis’ and it can be unpredictable, embarrassing (bordering on humiliating) not to mention uncomfortable and expensive. Plus the dry cleaning bills really add up after a while.
It doesn’t have to be like this anymore. There are new ways to curb underarm sweating that are long lasting and some are even permanent. Just imagine being able to raise your arms, give a presentation, hail a taxi, without worrying about wetness or odor. The feeling is positively liberating!
Here are the solutions.
Miradry has been a complete life-changer for many who sweat a lot, says Gary D. Bre
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS