Though you may be tempted to get a gorgeous tan poolside or at the beach, don’t even think about it! Tanned skin is damaged skin courtesy of UV exposure. It increases the risk of cell mutations, which can lead to skin cancer, plus it’s a major factor in premature aging. And if you think you can get a safe tan with a tanning bed, think again. Tanning beds are even more risky than the sun, increasing a person’s risk of developing melanoma by 75%. However, a nice, golden glow does have its beauty benefits—it makes teeth look whiter, eyes look brighter, and it evens out skin-tone making spots and veins all but disappear.
Since baking in the sun is not an option, it’s nice to know ther
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS