Photo Credit: dovemencare.com
Most men don’t talk about skin care or grooming products with their buddies the way that women do with theirs, but that doesn’t mean men don’t care – they just may not know who to ask.
We asked Washington,DC-based dermatologist Terrence Keaney, M.D., to tell us what he keeps in his shower caddy and to share tips for men who may be grooming-challenged.
“Because men typically produce more oil and sweat, they are very sensitive to tactile sensations produced by skincare products and soaps,” he says. “Any soap that leaves a residue or makes a men’s skin feel oilier should be avoided.”
Keaney’s pick: Choose for-men-only soaps such as Dove
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS