Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Winter will be here before we know it, and it’s important to be prepared to help prevent your skin from feeling the effects of the drops in both the mercury and humidity. According to Beverly Hills dermatologist and founder of Skin Five, Dr. Ava Shamban, “Dry cold winter air dehydrates the skin leading to chapping and cracking,” but there are steps you can take to protect the skin from the effects of this seasonal change.
Among them, “Rethink your skin routine. Use a gentle cleanser instead of a soap that will over-dry your skin, and apply moisturizer to slightly damp skin at the end of your shower (while still in the shower) to seal in moisture,” she advises. Using a humidifie
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS