Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Two little words no woman ever wants to hear in the same sentence are: breast implants and cancer.
After several years of news stories and debate, BIOCELL textured breast implants and tissue expanders made by Allergan under the Natrelle brand were voluntarily recalled. Regrettably, these specific implants have been linked to a rare type of lymphoma known as BIA-ALCL or breast implant associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma. To date, 573 cases have been reported and 481 of these cases were linked to Allergan Biocell implants, according to the FDA.
Sadly, there were 33 deaths among these cases. The FDA also explains that textured breast implants are less common in the U.S. compared to
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY