Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
When it comes to skincare, most dermatologists will agree there are three essentials for healthy skin: Sunscreen, antioxidants, and a retinol (or retinoid). Opinions begin to vary once you step beyond this protective and corrective trifecta—and growth factors are often part of the anti-aging ingredient conversation.
Simply put, growth factors are naturally occurring proteins that promote cellular growth, proliferation and healing. In terms of benefits for your skin, growth factors can help improve fine lines and wrinkles, enhance skin firmness, fade the appearance of scars and more. While that’s easy enough to understand, growth factors are biologically active, which makes formulating
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY