Photo Credit: drmofid.com
Mona Mofid, MD, is not your typical dermatologist – and that’s what makes her one of the greats. The La Jolla, Calif-based skin care expert doesn’t know how to inject botulinum toxin, and has no interest in learning. Instead, Mofid is all about preventing and treating skin cancer.
Mofid, who is known as Dr. Mona, received her medical degree at The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and completed her training at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. During her training, a multidisciplinary melanoma group convened weekly – and that group as well as the patients that the team treated – are what inspired her to devote much of her practice to preventing and treating skin cancers.
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS