Most hair stylists and colorists recommend not washing hair every day as it can strip oils. I often follow this rule, but after one day of not lathering up, my fine color-treated hair looks limp and greasy. That’s why I’m a huge fan of dry shampoo. It not only refreshes hair in between washes, but also adds great body and texture to fine hair like mine.
Most of the time I shy away from hair products that are overly scented, but the new Alterna bamboo style cleanse extend translucent dry shampoo ($22) in mango coconut and sheer blossom smell heavenly and soak up my greasy roots without leaving any chalky residue. A few spritzes of the light aerosol spray to roots added tons of volu
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY