Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Each October, pink ribbons come out of the woodwork, but women at high risk for breast cancer, those living with breast cancer and the doctors who treat them – including reconstructive plastic surgeons – think pink all year long.
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and serves as a good time to reflect on advances in treating breast cancer over the past year.
There have also been some major innovations in breast reconstruction techniques and technologies in 2018 including a movement to save the breast, when possible, says Margaret S. Roubaud, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Growing numbers of ‘oncoplasti
Photo Credit: parkavenueplasticsurgeon.com
Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon David P. Rapaport is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in private practice in New York City on the Upper East Side. His illustrious credentials as a plastic surgeon include serving as Chief Resident at Harvard Medical School and Chief Resident at the Plastic Surgery Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery at New York University Medical Center in New York City where he did his plastic surgical training. After completing a one-year microsurgery fellowship, Dr. Rapaport moved to Florida, where he spent four years on the faculty of the University of South Florida. In 1997 he returned to New York City and opened his private plastic and cosmetic surgery practice on Pa
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY