The International League of Dermatological Societies (ILDS) and Stiefel, a GSK company stiefel.com are taking the challenging plight of albinos in sub-Saharan Africa very seriously. They announced a global initiative on sun protection for albinos called Hats On For Skin Health. The program’s main goal is to raise funds to provide hats and other sun-protective items for Tanzanians suffering from albinism. Albinism is the genetic inability to produce the pigment melanin in the skin, hair and eyes, resulting in pale skin, light hair, pinkish eyes and impaired vision.
Curiously, Tanzania has tens of thousands of albinos among its population, and unless measures are taken to protect their
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #StayTheFHome and Try These New K-Beauty Products
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON
- SPONSORED: ShopBop – The Spring Event