Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
Hair stylist Alain Pinon is the “A” in Salon AKS, a shishi salon just off of Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. The Parisian-born Pinon began his career at Jean Louis DeJorges and moved on to Paris’ Bruno Dessange Salon, eventually working at their Washington, D.C. and New York City salons as well. From there, he moved to the Bergdorf Goodman Salon, and then 20 years ago, he teamed up with the K, Kao Hui, and the S, Susanna Romano, to open Salon AKS. The rest, as they say, is history.
“It’s been such an amazing ride,” he says. Pinon spoke to Beauty in the Bag about his vision, his clientele and the celebs with the best hair.
Here’s what he had to say:
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS