Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
When it comes to skincare, most dermatologists will agree there are three essentials for healthy skin: Sunscreen, antioxidants, and a retinol (or retinoid). Opinions begin to vary once you step beyond this protective and corrective trifecta—and growth factors are often part of the anti-aging ingredient conversation.
Simply put, growth factors are naturally occurring proteins that promote cellular growth, proliferation and healing. In terms of benefits for your skin, growth factors can help improve fine lines and wrinkles, enhance skin firmness, fade the appearance of scars and more. While that’s easy enough to understand, growth factors are biologically active, which makes formulating
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS