Tazarotene is in the retinoid family (think Retin-A® and its many cousins) and has been shown to have advantages in reversing sun damage, improving lines and wrinkles, as well as treating psoriasis. It is also highly effective for controlling acne. You may have already heard of this multi-tasking wonder drug under the brand names of – Avage® 1.0% Cream and Tazorac® which comes in 0.5% and 1.0% cream and gel formulations (Allergan).
Well the big news about Tazarotene is that Stiefel, a GSK company, submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for Tazarotene foam for the topical treatment of facial acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age or o
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS