Photo Credit: clinique.com
Dermatologists will tell you that acne is not caused by dirt or by not cleansing thoroughly, but getting rid of pore-clogging sebum and debris is key to ending the acne cycle. The next vital step is to reduce the bacteria that cause breakouts.
If your acne is severe—meaning a steady collection of inflamed pimples popping up all over your face, chest, or back—go straight to a dermatologist and do not pass go or collect $200… Hard, painful, deep cysts respond best to drugs so over-the-counter skincare products won’t work. Find a board certified dermatologist at AAD.org or ASDS.net.
When following a dermatologist’s directions or seeking over-the-counter acne treatments, keep the f
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS