Photo Credit: sephora.com
Another Hallmark moment—National Lipstick Day is July 29th. Who knew?
Lipsticks are certainly taking their place in the spotlight. The days of picking up a prestige lipstick for less than a $20 bill are long since gone. Premium lipsticks are commanding up to $55. But honestly ladies, one glam lipstick can make you feel (and look) like a cool mil.
In honor of the occasion, Beautyinthebag is celebrating with a roundup of our 10 absolute favorite lipsticks to own right now:
- Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color ($50): Our numero uno all time fave lipstick that adds luxe to your lips in sumptuous shades from beiges to browns, with a creamy, rich texture that you just have to try once and you’re hooked.
- Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick ($30): In addition to its cushiony, long-lasting color, we love this cream lipstick because it is refillable. Available in 16 shades, the colors tend toward deeply pigmented reds, browns, and rich neutrals.
- Dior Beauty Dior Addict Extreme ($32): Shine and vibrant color define the 17 shades of this Dior favorite that runs the gamut of pinks, caramels, and browns. No matte options here, just perfect long-wearing color that resists fading.
- Le Métier de Beauté Colour Core Moisture Stain Lipstick ($32): Emollient-rich, long wearing creamy lip color infuses moisture to your pucker in soft and pretty shades like nude, pink, and plum.
- Givenchy Le Rouge Intense Color Sensuously Matte Lipstick ($36): You’ll love taking this lipstick out of your purse. Its case is made of leather, which is oh so soft and subtle to the touch. It’s called matte, but it is really more semi-matte, which means it’s not drying at all, and comes in six rose, plum, and berry shades.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Lovemarc Matte Lip Gel ($30): Designer Marc Jacobs presents five matte shades in a unique gel formula that hydrates and moisturizes. The carefully curated collection of saturated colors is scented with vanilla for a multi-sensorial experience.
- Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Color ($35): From the late master of color cosmetics, this lip collection features 16 shades from soft cool pink to deep blood red and plum brown. Wild mango fruit butter lends a healing benefit for damaged lips.
- By Terry Rouge Terrybly $39.50: By Terry’s exclusive anti-aging Lumilip® Technology turns this plumping lip elixir into a firming and volumizing treatment. Eighteen shades offer options for all skin tones. Ceramides and hyaluronic filling spheres keep lips plump and youthful.
- La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Colour ($55): Like all La Prairie products, this lipstick is exquisitely packaged. The 23 shades—pinks, browns, purples, and a red—feature the brand’s caviar extract and cellular complex for a full treatment and long-wearing lipstick.
- Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick ($35): A new-generation lipstick inspired by Monsieur Saint Laurent’s iconic color palette—red, fuchsia and orange—in a collection of shades that offer everyone a customized look. Thirty-three shades provide medium to full coverage with a satin finish.