Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
Eyebrows are one of the most important features on the face. Whether you’re blessed with beautiful arches or could modify your brows a bit, it’s crucial to show them the love they deserve. BITB spoke with Sabah Feroz, threading expert at Blink Brow Bar in NYC about getting the right shape for your overall look and brow tricks every beauty maven should know.
1. How did you get your start as a brow expert?
At young age, I was always interested in art, makeup and threading eyebrows. Threading always fascinated me. I learned the technique at the age of 7 by watching how my cousins did their makeup during the holidays and threaded each other’s brows. When I was 14 years old, I started working part time in a threading salon during summer break. I believe you have to love what you do to be able to do it right. If your interest is somewhere else you will never do the job right. Threading to me is an art that I love so I guess it just works for me!
2. What are some of your favorite treatments offered at blinkbrowbar and why?
Our most popular treatment is currently our Brow Shape and Tint. The 30 minute treatment works for anyone and everyone! It creates gorgeous definition and thickness, hiding any sparse areas. The results will last for 2-3 weeks.
A newer treatment which looks set to become a top-seller is Build-a-Brow. This pioneering service works much like eyelash extensions. Our Therapists apply brow extensions to the existing baby-hairs to fill in areas and create the brow-shape and thickness you want. Bespoke to you, your Therapist will talk through what shape and thickness you want to create a completely natural finish. With the trend for Bold Brows, this is quickly becoming a client favourite!
3. What are the top three beauty tricks all girls should know when it comes to their brows?
1. Never over-pluck! Taking too much hair away from your brows will change their shape and consequently change the look of your whole face. Leave the shaping to the experts!
2. Use the measuring technique when applying product to create the perfect length and shape of brow. Take a pencil and place on one side of your nose – straight up to show where the brow should start. Angle to the end of your brow to mark where it should end and angle from the end of your nose through your iris to get the perfect arch position.
3. Show your brow hairs some TLC. Brow hairs should be cared for in the same way you care for the hairs on your head. Use a nourishing oil or balm at night to condition the hairs and promote their growth.