Photo Credit: UltaBeauty.com
The wait is finally over. Ulta hit the upper east side and has made my zip code even more beautiful.
For so many years, I have lusted after having my own Ulta to pop into within walking distance. Until now, the only ways to get the Ulta experience for New Yorkers was online or in-store in a suburban mall you happened to be driving past. Every time I went to a new city for a business trip, if there was an Ulta nearby, I might Uber my way over just to see what they had. So, having one on East 86th Street and 3rd Avenue is a welcome addition. After all, what beauty junkie doesn’t love the Ulta signature try, buy and experience model! I haven’t been this excited since Halo Top showed up at the Food Emporium across the street.
The mix of brands is what Ulta is famous for. You can find essential skincare from Roc, Cerave and Aveeno, specialty makeup from CoverFx, IT Cosmetics, Smashbox, plus haute hair care from Ouidad, Drybar, Living Proof, and a slew of must-have fragrances, hair appliances, my go to Essie nail care, and a lot more. Just in time for the holidays, pick up the best beauty gifts and coveted Ulta gift cards.
Special NYC Ulta features to check out:
- Open at 7 a.m. for those who want to hit Fly Wheel, Starbucks, and Ulta (not in that order) before going to the office
- Stays open late til 9 pm Mondays through Saturdays and 8 pm on Sundays for last minute gifting or a quick polish change
- Skin Laundry is in the store!
- Benefit Brow Bar for touch-ups
- Special K-Beauty section with foot peels and face masks galore
- Hair Salon for blowout emergencies
So, check out the gorgeous giant Ulta Beauty at 188 East 86th Street and indulge. After all, the next closest location is across the bridge at City Place at The Promenade in Edgewater, N.J.