Photo Credit: MAC
In beauty, packaging is every bit as important as the product itself (think: Chantecaille, Givenchy, Chanel to name a few brands who do it so well). The packaging ensures portability, convenience, and, of course, a pleasing look and feel.
MAC is no stranger to creating innovative packaging to house multitasking products, from its iconic Fluidline (it can be used as an eyeliner, but also artfully blended for smokey eye shadow) to its newly-launched Studio Sculpt Shade and Line, which marries two traditional eye shadows and one liner in one compact.
The Studio Sculpt Shade & Line formulation is quite special and versatile: the biggest selling point is that three distinct textures —matte, sparkling and metallic—are available in one single case. I’ve seen few beauty brands do this, and quite frankly it’s surprising no one has thought of this before.
The compacts have two varieties of eye shadows, and one strip of eyeliner in the middle that separates the two shadow pans. As one would expect, they come in several beautiful combinations (each is $21):
- EBONYBLEND: white frost/carbon black/dirty blue-grey (pearl/matte)
- VIOLETBLEND: light white-pink/deep violet/iridescent cool pink (pearl/matte)
- EGGPLANTBLEND: soft light pink/deep plum/dirty silver-grey (pearl/matte)
- ROSÉBLEND: dirty washout pink/dirty blue-plum/metallic bright gold (pearl/matte)
- APRICOTBLEND: champagne beige/dirty berry brown/warm coral peach (pearl/matte)
- OLIVEBLEND: rich rose-gold/deep olive green/ dirty olive (pearl/matte)
- ESPRESSOBLEND: rich penny-copper/charcoal black/warm brown (pearl/matte)
- INDIGOBLEND: soft, clean sky blue/deep blue-teal/deep plum (pearl/matte)
The Studio Sculpt collection, in general, has a lot of makeup that is worth acquiring, from the concealer, foundation, and now the Shade and Line combos. These are items I would buy and keep because one is all you need in your pocketbook to create several looks. You’d spend $21 on one eyeshadow alone: three in one doesn’t seem terribly shabby for the price.