THE SECRET TO A SMOOTH, EVEN COMPLEXION IS ALL ABOUT ERASERS
5 STEPS TO FLAWLESS
Think of camouflage after surgery, injections or lasers as a layering process. Try full coverage densely pigmented formulas that come in a pot, stick or tube. Liquids and creams are not usually opaque enough. If the cream is thick or firm, you can warm it up on your forehand or the microwave for a few seconds. Green toners neutralize redness. Flat marks, scars, and bruises will be easier to conceal than raised or depressed areas.
1. Choose a shade that best matches your skin tone. If you can’t find an exact match, use a slightly lighter shade and blend over it with a liquid or cream foundation to normalize the colour.
2. Start with clean, dry skin. Coat an edge of the sponge with a generous amount of concealer by swirling it around for a few seconds. Lightly pat (don’t rub) the coated portion of the sponge on and around the outside of the area until you no longer see the offending mark. Blend edges to avoid lines of demarcation.
3. Apply the rest of your makeup, avoiding the newly camouflaged area. If your concealer is off-colour, gently pat foundation over it until the color blends nicely with the rest of your face.
apply powder to absorb residual oils and prevent melting. Pressed translucent powder is less messy than loose. Or use a blush or powder brush and dust lightly over the camouflaged area. Repeat until the area is no longer shiny, and you’re good to go.
5. Keep a powder compact with you to touch up any shine that comes on over the course of the day. Avoid conscious and subconscious face-touching that can wipe away your brilliant camouflage job. Leave it alone and forget about it.
If you use the wrong concealer to cover up brown spots, scars, dark circles, bruises, and other imperfections, you can actually unwittingly draw more attention to the area.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Forget to remove all your camouflage makeup at bedtime
- Abuse your delicate eyes by pulling and tugging to put on concealer
- Pile on opaque concealer so it looks caked on; a little of a highly concentrated formula goes a long way
- Choosing a shade that is too dark for your skin tone
Don’t be afraid to ask for help- buy your foundation and concealer at a counter to get a good colour match. If you are traumatized about makeup, invest in a lesson with a professional makeup artist who can tailor a quick and simple routine to fit your lifestyle that works for your skin.
TRY THESE SUPER COVER UPS:
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit –
Comes in 8 shades for an easy color match. Use with the Dual Ended Concealer Corrector Brush
Prescriptives Flawless Skin Concealer –
30 shades with an SPF27.
Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation –
Opaque yet gentle enough for sensitive skin, 40 shades.
Jane Iredale Active Light-
Brush on formula conceals without dulling, and minimizes dark circles with vitamin K.
By Terry Multicare Concealer –
Silky elegant texture for under eyes to carry in your bag.
L’Oreal Infallible Concealer –
High coverage stick formula.
WHAT’S IN YOUR BAG?
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE CAMOUFLAGE SECRET – email@example.com