Foolproof Tweezing Tips By Wendy Lewis, Skincare/Beauty Columnist – HealthNewsDigest.com
Reprinted from http://www.healthnewsdigest.com
Tweezing your brows can accomplish two critical missions; in the first place, it is one way to achieve beautiful eye opening arches and tidying up strays at home. For eyebrow maintenance in between professional shapings or to keep the shape that flatters, the grip is the most important. If the tweezer doesn’t grip the finest hairs strongly, you will end up making multiple attempts to pluck out tiny hairs which can end up nipping your delicate skin and causing redness and irritation. Tweezer tips can be pointed, rounded, or slanted, depending on your personal preference. Choose a pair of tweezers that can grip your hairs well enough to tweeze each strand, especially for hard to reach areas, such stray hairs you may have missed on your bikini line, the occasional nipple hair and those little hairs that grow on your toes. The best type of tweezers can remove the hair by pulling it out at the root, rather than breaking the hair before it gets plucked. Tweezers are also essential tools for applying and removing lashes.
The other part of the tweezing equation is to use a great magnifying mirror so you can see exactly what you’re plucking!
– The gold standard of beauty toolmakers, Tweezerman has a wide variety of tweezers to suit your specs and your personality. We love the mini slant models to throw in your makeup bag – only $12 for black, pastels and hot colors. If you need some extra seeing power, try the lighted slant version too.
– This manufacturer of tools for makeup pros produces ergonomic tweezers with slant or point tips that are feather light and easy to handle.
– The Professional SofTouch Tweezer has a cushiony cover to prevent slips.
– High quality Swiss made Rubis are pricey but last a lifetime, these stainless steel cosmetic tweezers come in slanted and pointed tip versions for utmost precision.
LA-TWEEZ PRO ILLUMINATING TWEEZERS
– Super bright light helps the visually challenged or aids in tweezing in dark hotel rooms; also great for on the go emergencies and hard to find hairs.
– An oldie but goodie, Slant Tip Perfect Tweez is a scissor shape for about $3.99 that every drugstore in America carries in case you get caught in need and have forgotten yours at home.
Wendy Lewis is the Founder and Editor in Chief of BeautyintheBag.com.
Leave a Reply