Over 1 in 4 women will experience hereditary hair loss in her lifetime, beginning as early as their second decade in some cases. When you start to see hair in your comb or brush, on your pillow, or in the bathroom sink, it could be the first sign.
“Men expect to lose their hair, but women do not,” says New York City Dermatologist, Dr. Doris Day. When women begin to notice their hair is thinning they internalize it — questioning their lifestyle, diet, exercise, and stress levels. “The key to effective treatment is to begin at the first signs of thinning just as you would with any other anti-aging beauty concern,” she says.
Hereditary hair thinning is a very common problem in women that is caused by some combination of genetics, hormone levels, and aging. According to Washington DC Dermatologist Dr. Rebecca Kazin, “Hair loss affects men and women of all ages. Genetic predisposition, hormones, thyroid disease, medications, stress, autoimmune disorders, burns, and nutritional deficiencies can all contribute to hair loss. Female hair loss, characterized more by diffuse thinning than patterned balding as in men, is caused primarily by androgenetic alopecia, hair follicle disease and trauma.”
But there is a new solution for women only. Women’s ROGAINE® TOPICAL AEROSOL is the first and only FDA-approved once daily treatment with 5% minoxidil clinically proven to regrow hair. Unlike volumizers and thickeners, Women’s ROGAINE® helps to reactivate the follicle. This easy to use foam contains the highest concentration of minoxidil available over the counter. Clinical studies found that when using Women’s ROGAINE® Foam once daily, every day, 81%* of the women regrew hair with new hairs coming in up to 48%** thicker than before.
According to Dr. Kazin, there are 6 ways to tame your shedding by changing your daily routine:
1. Use a natural bristle brush. Plastic or artificial brushes can be aggressive on hair and scalp.
2. Switch your appliances to a cooler setting. Heat is extremely damaging to hair.
3. Use protein-based conditioners to help restore the natural oils that are removed from hair and scalp from shampooing.
4. Avoid wearing a tight ponytail that can weaken hair and cause breakage.
5. Splurge for the salon. Some home color kits contain harsh chemicals that alter the stability of the hair and weaken its integrity.
6. Eat more leafy vegetables and eggs that are rich in calcium and iron.
Women’s ROGAINE® 5 % Minoxidil Topical Aerosol will be available nationwide in November at drugstores nationwide at $ 29.99 for a 2-month supply and $49.99 for a 4-month supply.
*, ** Data on file
Whether you’re on the hunt for Laser Hair Removal, Body Shaping, Cellulite Reduction, or Skin Rejuvenation, American Laser Skincare has got you covered. Their cutting edge technology, medical directors, and certified staff are ready to help you get gorgeous — and at a nice price.
With 135 locations across the country in Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, there is a good chance that there is an American Laser Skincare team of specialists near you. Their semi-annual National Open House events are taking place October 16-18 at American Laser Skincare locations throughout the country.
Take advantage of this special event-only pricing on laser hair removal, body shaping, skin rejuvenation packages, as well as facial injectables, featuring some of the top brands in medical aesthetics, including: SilkPeel Dermal Infusion System, Syneron Candela Gentle Max Pro Laser Hair Removal System, Syneron VelaShape and more. Their skin care selection is also top notch — featuring the best-selling Lumixyl Skin Brightening System, Clarity MD Acne Solutions, as well as SkinMedica brands.
• Up to 75 percent of select treatment packages
• Free skincare analyses
• $200 coupons toward services over $1,000
• Bring a friend and both get one SilkPeel®, Skin Tightening, VelaShape™ or Laser Hair Removal treatment for free
• Spend $1,000 on skin rejuvenation or body shaping packages and get 20 units of BOTOX® or one microdermabrasion free
• $9/unit Botox
• Buy One Filler Syringe, Buy One 1.5 cc syringe of Radiesse®, Get One Free (limit three per clinic)
• Buy One Filler Syringe, Get a 2nd of equal or lesser value 50 percent off the retail price
Plus, the first 20 attendees will receive a $10 Sephora gift card and a SkinMedica® Holiday Gift Bag. Woo hoo!
Call 1-877-719-4455 to find the location nearest you, and find out about specific times and dates, and special offers for the National Open House Event.
Photo Credit: lancome-usa.com
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. It’s the first and only pediatric cancer center to be designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute. It costs $2 million a day to operate the hospital, but no child is ever denied treatment because of the family’s inability to pay.
St. Jude depends on initiatives like Lancôme’s Génifique Day. Each Génifique bottle sold helps the hospital find cures. 21 bottles can pay for one night of family housing, nine bottles could cover one blood count test, five bottles can buy a day of meals, and just three bottles could pay for one bone marrow needle.
3 Ways to Help:
- Now through October 25th, Instagram or Tweet to @LancomeUSA a photo of your hands in the shape of a heart and post to social media with the hashtag, #LancomeGivesBack, and the brand will make a $1 donation to St. Jude in your honor (up to the $20,000 goal).
- Find a regional in-store event (see below for locations and dates) and attend for a complimentary makeover by Mickey Williams, then document and share your camera-ready look in the Lancôme photo booth.
- During the month of October, visit any participating Lancôme counter to try a deluxe seven-day introductory sample of Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate ($84), an innovative serum specifically formulated for noticeable results in just 7 days. On October 24th and 25th (aka Génifique Day) for each Génifique item sold at the U.S. Lancôme counters and on online, a $7 donation will be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Visit Mickey Williams during the following Génifique Day regional events:
Dillard’s Houston Galleria/Post Oak,
4925 Westheimer, Houston, TX 77056
Thursday, October 9, 2014; 12 – 5 PM
Dillard’s Dallas – North Park
8687 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75225
Friday, October 10, 2014; 12 – 5 PM
Dillard’s – Summerlin
11011 Sage Park Drive, Summerlin, NV 89135
Saturday, October 11, 2014; 12 – 5 PM
Dillard’s – Sarasota
200 University Town Center, Sarasota, FL 34243
Friday, October 17, 2014; 12 – 5 PM
Dillard’s Tampa – International Mall
2223 North West Shore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607
Saturday, October 18, 2014; 12 – 5 PM
Dillard’s Orlando Florida Mall
8001 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809
Sunday, October 19, 2014; 12 – 5 PM
Dillard’s Memphis – Wolf Chase
2700 North Germantown Road, Memphis, TN 38133
Thursday, October 23, 2014; 10AM – 3PM
Macy’s – Herald Square
Herald Square, New York, NY 10001
Friday, October 24, 2014; 10AM – 3PM