Photo Credit: zoskinhealth.com
The tree is up and dressed to the nines, the misteltoe is hanging dead center in the doorway, presents are wrapped and tagged, cards are in the mail, so now it’s time to do something nice for yourself.
Your skin needs some extra pampering at this hectic time of year, and what better way to get it, than with the ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi MD great seasonal savings.
The Winter Luxuries set is comprised of Oraser® Body Emulsion Plus (240 mL / 8 Oz.) and Oraser® Daily Hand Repair SPF 20 (100 mL / 3.4 Oz.) effectively moisturize hands and body while providing gentle exfoliation to improve skin’s tone and texture. Indulge your skin from head to toe for softer, smoother skin all winter long. At a special price of $95 ($160 value), no gift box or bow needed, you will love this emollient pair of must-have winter skin treatments.
Holiday Hydration Essentials features Offects® Hydrating Cleanser (150 mL / 5 Fl. Oz.), Ommerse® Renewal Crème (50 mL / 1.7 Fl. Oz.) and Olluminate® Eye Repair (15 mL / 0.5 Fl. Oz.). This trio provides optimal hydration and soothing benefits to replenish tight, dry, cold weather skin. Your complexion will feel invigorated with moisture and newfound radiance, and fine lines and uneven skin tone will be minimized. $180 for the collection (40% off the regular prices).
And what can you get for the gal who has everything? A sparkling ZO Skin Health gift card sent right to her inbox.
Photo Credit: dgskincare.com
Attention: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Fans!
Beautyinthebag has a special offer for you. Enter to win 1 of 5 DR. DENNIS GROSS Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peels ($110 value) and get a 20% discount valid til 1-1-15 on dgskincare.com by completing these short skincare surveys.
Ends Wednesday, December 10 at 9 am ET.
Photo Credit: pantone.com
Hot on the heels of Radiant Orchid (Pantone’s 2014 Color of the Year) is Pantone’s pick for 2015, Marsala! It’s an earthy, wine red making it the perfect go-to for lips. Here are makeup tips and picks to stay on trend and get it right.
7 MUST-DO LIP-TIPS FOR WEARING DEEPER, DARKER TONES:
- Always exfoliate and moisturize lips before applying so lipstick goes on smoother and lasts longer. The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ ($24) combines sugar crystals, jojoba and grape seed oils to get the job done in the most delicious way possible. Available in a variety of flavors including Clementine, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Bean, Creme Brûlée, and more.
- Use a lip brush for expert control over application and intensity.
- Blot after applying lipstick to prevent bleeding outside lip lines.
- Contrast is key. If you have an olive or medium-toned complexion stick to the more red-based (rather than brown-based) shades so you don’t look washed-out.
- For those with a small mouth, sheer glosses and colored balms will better play up and enhance what you’ve got.
- Keep it simple. Bold lips look best paired with a well-groomed brow, minimal blush, neutral eye shadow, clean liner, and lots of mascara. Period.
- When wearing dark (or bright) lips always do a double-take. You’ll avoid the dreaded “lipstick on the teeth” with this model trick: After applying, put your clean finger inside your mouth, close your mouth around it and slide your finger out. This will remove any color that has gotten on the inner part of your lips and prevent it from getting on your teeth.
6 LIP PICKS:
Paul & Joe Lip Liner Duo in Grapevine ($25) is a double-ended, velvety-textured lip pencil that glides on smoothly to line, define, and color lips. Use the shades separately or together to fill in entire lip. Top with a sheer gloss or balm for a long-wear stain that stays put.
Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour in Caractere ($35) gives you a gorgeously rich in pigment and creamy in application. It moisturizes, soothes and conditions lips on contact.
Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Rosewood ($27) lasts up to 8 hours without bleeding or feathering. It also contains pure olive oil and vitamin E to keep lips their healthiest.
Shiseido Lacquer Rouge in Metalrose ($25) is on the rosier spectrum of the shade and a less edgy, softer way to pull off the Color of the Year. One coat of this liquid lipstick gives you intense color and a smooth, lustrous finish.
CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Ravish Raspberry ($6.99) is pigment rich, full of hydrating shea, avocado and aloe butters and even formulated with white tea and vitamin E anti-aging antioxidant protection.
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Manic ($22) is highly pigmented, hydrating and long-wear, plus its gunmetal case keeps you looking cool when applying.