Photo Credit: OPI.com
Have you ever fallen in love with a nail color so much that you wanted to paint your walls with it? Yes, ladies, I said walls. Well, OPI Nail Laquer has the solution for you. They have teamed up with Ace Hardware to offer an exclusive palette of some of their most iconic colors in Clark+Kensington Paint and Primer in One.
In a first of its kind collaboration, the new OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington features 18 of OPI’s most beloved shades paired with complementary colors from the Clark+Kensington line to create a color palette to liven up your home. If nothing else, this rather unexpected pairing may just lure some more women into their local Ace Hardware store in search of Don’t Touch My Tutu, I Eat Mainely Lobster, or Can’t Find My Czechbook.
The whole nail creativity trend is on fire right now. So it’s no surprise that OPI is thinking outside of the box by teaming up with Clark + Kensington and bringing bold nail colors to the home. Hmmm…just envisioning my living room with Nein, Nein, Nein on the walls. Bravo OPI!
With 3,200 Ace stores nationwide, you can find one practically around the corner. Or pick your fave shades of ‘Glamour by the Gallon’ at clarkandkensington .
Photo Credit: Morinda.com
Glycation, the effect of excess sugar on the body, is a process I expect we will hear more and more about in terms of its aging impact on the skin. Glycation actually happens when excess sugars in the bloodstream bind with proteins and form advanced glycation end products, called AGEs for short, which cause protein fibers to stiffen and the skin looses elasticity. AGEs also cause skin cells to become more vulnerable to free radicals.
Obviously, white sugar and high fructose syrup contribute to glycation, but the process is actually inevitable. Whole grains, fruits, and vegetables turn to sugar too when digested. Enter the age of AGE fighting products and skin care.
Superfruits like cranberry and blueberry have been used to fight free radicals and noni, a plants that grows in the Pacific Islands, Southeast Asia, Australia, and India has been used in oral supplements to fight gylcation. Now Morinda, a leader in AGEs fighting supplements has launched TruAge Skin AGE Therapy Gel ($42), a topical treatment to fight the signs of aging due to AGEs.
AGE Therapy Gel features Morinda’s proprietary blend of noni, Cornelian cherry, olive leave, blueberry, and cranberry extracts to fortify the skin’s natural defenses against AGEs. It works by dissolving sugar-derived molecules called dicarbonyls, which form AGEs.
The gel works to protect, smooth, and repair. It forms a protective barrier to fight free radicals, environmental damage, and moisture loss. It is formulated to reduce redness and irritation, and to help strengthen the skin’s barrier function.
Recommended usage is to apply the gel twice a day to the face, hands, and body.
Hard to resist in ice cream, pastries, and French macaroons, sugar doesn’t have to impact your skin as well. For more information about AGEs, visit the Morinda website.
Looking your best during the scorching summer days can be daunting. Keeping cool while doing so can be near impossible. Don’t sweat it! We’ve rounded up the best beat-the-heat tips and product recommendations to help you do just that.
STAY HYDRATED: Fill up a pitcher with water. Add sliced cucumbers, lemons or limes and pour over ice. Sip often.
RELAX YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE: A little concealer, tinted moisturizer, and waterproof mascara will stay put and give you just enough polish. Marc Jacobs Remedy Concealer – Concealer Pen ($39) delivers targeted anti-aging and brightening ingredients with a patented palladium tip that cools on touch.
PULL YOUR HAIR BACK: The Low Ponytail is on-trend for all ages and works on the steamiest of days. Just slick back and secure with a band just above the neck.
CLOTHES CALL: Slip into light colored, loosely cut skirts and dresses in natural materials like cotton and linen, which won’t trap heat the way synthetic clothing can. Pair with open-toe or strappy sandals so your feet can breath easy.
SPRITZ AWAY: Facial mists are lifesavers on those steamy days and many are even formulated with anti-agers and other skin friendly ingredients to do more than simply refresh. You’ll appreciate one with “cooling” ingredients, crucial this time of year.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($49) has a cult following for a reason. It’s formulated with rosemary, peppermint, and other invigorating ingredients to wake up your skin and your senses. Spritz any time you need a lift.
- Osmotics Cosmeceuticals Blue Copper 5 Cooling Moisture Mist ($35) is a 3-in-1 anti-aging moisturizer that soothes, tones, and hydrates even sensitive skin.
- glo minerals Revive Hydration Mist ($18.50) blends anti-oxidants and anti-agers with peppermint, lavender, and rosemary essential oils to instantly refresh.
- LUSH Breath of Fresh Air Soothing Seawater Spray ($10) combines aloe, seaweed, and rose to cleanse, soften and soothe.
- Lather Cucumber and Ginseng Facial Mist ($16) is formulated with cucumber, algae, and ginseng extracts.
THE HOT LIST: Gel and water-based products offer a quick hit of instant refreshment, as do products formulated with mint, menthol, rosemary, and cucumber. Besides being found in your favorite cooling mists, they’re plentiful in makeup, hair care, and skin care. Stock up and stay cool with these head to toe must-haves.
- Sephora Collection Cooling Mint Blotting Papers ($10) banish shine and leave behind a minty-fresh feeling.
- Laura Geller Beauty Cool Lids ($19) is a long-wearing cream shadow that revives tired eyes on contact and dries to a wet-look finish that stays put. Available in 6 gorgeous shimmery shades.
- Exuviance DePuffing Eye Serum ($72) has a triple micro-roller applicator to gently massage, stimulate circulation, and depuff as it delivers cooling botanicals and special anti-aging ingredients for immediate and long-term results.
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask ($45) contains soothing ingredients to immediately calm and moisturize irritated skin.
- Dr. Lin Skincare Daily Hydrating Gel ($9) soothes and rehydrates dry, irritated skin thanks to hyaluronic acid and aloe vera.
- L’Occitane Ice Gel for Legs and Feet ($22) instantly relieves hot, tired legs when massaged onto the arch of the foot, the ankle, and the lower leg.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 30 Cooling Water Lotion Sunscreen ($36) is different than any other sunscreen you’ve tried. It gives you broad spectrum sun protection and antioxidant protection plus it’s formula transforms like water onto the skin for an immediate cooling effect.
*Tip: Refrigerate your lotions, creams, and other beauty products for an extra hit of cool when applying.