Photo Credit: boombycindyjoseph.com
I don’t think I act or look like a 30 year old anymore and I admit that I’m more than okay with that. In fact, I prefer this more confident, grown up version of myself who has strong beliefs about my likes and dislikes and doesn’t feel the need to follow every beauty and fashion trend. For the most part, I’m happy with the way I look and though I don’t necessarily feel the need to look younger, I still want to look my best each and every day, a sentiment shared by many.
When I was presented with the opportunity to sample the cosmetic line Boom! by Cindy Joseph I jumped at the chance and I’m happy to report that not only did I fall in love with the line but it completely exceeded my expectations. Cindy Joseph was a successful makeup artist for 25 years who reinvented herself at the age of 50 becoming an incredibly successful model, and then leveraged her skincare and beauty knowledge and skills into a successful cosmetics line aimed at the boomer generation. Why boomers? Because it was clear to Joseph that women were ready to hear an age-positive point of view and with Boom, Cindy offers a pro-age rather than anti-age viewpoint.
Joseph’s philosophy is akin to my own and one that many women I know are getting on board with. She strongly believes that as women age, “it’s time to use more creams, wear less makeup, and let the character in your face be your beauty,” and it’s obvious to me that her product line fully supports this belief. All of the Boom! products are spectacular. There’s Boomsilk, a head to toe moisturizer, Boomcotton, a shine-control moisturizer, Boommask. a gentle, exfoliating, deep cleaning mask, and Boomtouch, a personal lubricant that makes things that much more enjoyable, and while I’m absolutely crazy about all of these products, my desert island must-haves would be the Boomsticks ($27 each or $76 for the trio):
- Boomstick GLO is an incredible allover moisturizer in stick form. Use it on your face, lips, eye area, neck and any extra dry areas like elbows, cuticles and knees. It contains honey, bee pollen, beeswax, extra virgin olive oil and other standout ingredients so it’s rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, skin soothers and softeners to nurture, protect and heal your skin. Try it and you’ll notice a nice dewy, healthy-looking, and dare I say younger looking complexion staring back at you in the mirror.
- Boomstick COLOR is flattering-for-all color that can be used on lips, cheeks, eyes neck and forehead–wherever you want a healthy and natural looking flush of color. It’s sheer and gives you a fresh-faced, completely natural, lit from within flush.
- Boomstick GLIMMER is an easy to use highlighter that brings a touch of radiance to your eyelids, brow bone, cheekbones, lips, and anywhere else on your body where you’d like some added luster.
What else does Joseph recommend for a fresh and healthy look? Here, her top 5 tips so we all can look as radiant as she does:
- Physical and emotional health are at the top of the list which includes good diet, exercise, plenty of rest and fresh air.
- Don’t over cleanse your skin. Once a day before bedtime does the trick. Only use a splash of clear water in the morning.
- Use a good moisturizer if necessary and if you want to enhance your skin with some color, make sure it does not clash with your skin tone and is cream base rather than powder.
- Powders make the skin look flat and lifeless. A colorful, dewy complexion is a sign of health and happiness.
- Remember that taking joy in living is a woman’ best cosmetic!
NOTE: All Boom! products have been sent for review. Opinions are my own.