Click the above image to be directed to the TODAY Show segment!On January 3, Beautyinthebag.com founder Wendy Lewis was featured as a beauty expert on the TODAY Show on NBC! Wendy told viewers how they can achieve the hottest beauty trend, alluring eyelashes, with 2011’s “eye-opening” beauty breakthroughs. There are many great products which can help you achieve the seductive, doe-eyed look you desire. Here is a roundup of Wendy’s top picks on the Today Show:
- LashDip is a breakthrough semi-permanent mascara treatment that adds color, thickness and length for 2-6 weeks. Deemed “the future of eyelash enhancement,” it does not flake or run. Wendy called it “the hottest beauty treatment right now.” Visit LashDip’s website and use their salon locator to find a LashDip salon near you.
- Latisse is the only FDA-approved prescription drug that grows longer, thicker, darker lashes. You need to obtain a prescription from your doctor, and it will cost approximately $99-$120 to fill, which can last from 1-2 months of applications. Expect to see results as early as 4-6 weeks and the full effect will be visible within 12 weeks. You can ask your dermatologist, plastic surgeon or eye doctor about Latisse, or visit the Latisse.com “Find a Doctor” feature.
- Talika Lipocils Expert, with its innovative application system consisting of a mascara brush and sponge applicator, enhances the beauty, condition and health of natural lashes in just 28 days with twice daily application. You can purchase Lipocils Expert for $55 directly from Talika’s website or at Sephora stores and online. Works great with Latisse and LashDip too!
- L’Oréal Lash Boosting Serum contains special conditioners to give you fuller, thicker lashes and less lash fall-out with just 4 weeks of daily use. It is like a “cheap and cheerful” variation of lash growth enhancers you get from a doctor, clinic or spa. This product can be bought for approximately $14.95 at drugstores nationwide.
- Eyelash extensions are individually glued to each eyelash with a semi-permanent adhesive. Eyelash extensions will fall off as the bond in the adhesive breaks down or the lash it is attached to sheds. A full set of eyelash extensions generally runs between $300 and $400 and will last 2-3 weeks, at which time you can go back to your lash professional for a touchup.
- Sephora False Eyelashes ($8-$10) and Illamasqua False Eyelashes ($16) can be applied at home or by a professional makeup artist, and can offer looks ranging from full and natural to super dramatic, called the “Show Stopper”. False eyelashes are a temporary “event” application, perfect for a special night out, wedding or get together. Pick up the Sephora lash applicator ($12) to make applying these even simpler.